Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dick Baker Invitational

This is news from way back in the spring, but because I just barely got my pictures taken off my phone, you aren't seeing this until now.

The Dick Baker Invitational is a track invite for a select few Oregon high schools at the 4A level. My school happens to be one of them. Despite being an underclassman I had the chance to go this past year and it was pretty amazing.
As you can see from the photos that I took, this high school is hooked up with cash, allowing them to buy super nice track equipment. It rivals that of bigger school's equipment. This is all because of Nike's donations. I sure wished I lived a little bit closer to Beaverton so I benefit from their generosity.



The stadium itself was probably only a few years old, let along the track and field.



The field was made of turf, and not the bad kind either. It felt good just to relax on.


Our girls team was excellent this past year, losing state by half a point due to some misfortunes. This proves it here when the girls swept the top three places in a throwing event, with top competitors in the state throwing.



The track was so nice that I couldn't stop looking at it, and had to snap a picture of it finally.



The sand pit for jumping was just as nice as the rest. Soft and very silt-like.


No comments: