Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Trip - Sauve Island

This is completely old, about a month and a half, but I have just barely got around to posting these photos. Sometime in October, on a day off from school my family went up to Sauve Island in Portland. It is known for have some of the best land to grow crops with in the area. Because of this, there are numerous farms, including several large pumpkin patches. So we decided to check it out, and take up the challenge of going through a rather large maze. A couple of pics from the trip are below.


The corn maze was long, and rather muddy.

This picture doesn't even begin to describe the size of the pumpkin patch.

This was an aeriel view of the maze, the design changes each year.



1 comment:

Ben Pack said...

Ben and I tried the corn maze in our area this year too. (Just can't get the gumption to take the littlest ones yet, though I think Benji would enjoy it.)

Our maze was the portrait of David Archuleta (American Idol runner-up from Utah). We almost made it through the whole thing. I think we skipped a part where the corn stalks were beat down by other frustrated people.

We used to go to a huge pumpkin patch like that in New York too. I love the fall! I miss the lack of autumn festivities here.