Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Job

I was able to get a summer job recently, as a way to have a little extra spending cash and some money to save for future things like college and a mission.

I was able to get hired at one of the local Subways in my area about a week ago. I am working part-time, about three to four days a week, which allows for me to still have time for other summer activities. While my shifts including closing the restaurant and leaving around midnight, it still isn’t too bad of a job. It pays decently, especially since Oregon has the second highest minimum wage in the country. I also get a free six inch sub each sub, so I don’t go hungry.

It looks like it will be a pretty decent job, and while I probably don’t want to become a professional sandwich maker as my career, it will be nice to be receiving pay checks.

subway_logo

No comments: