Sunday, February 17, 2008

Air Musuem


About a month ago our venture crew went to a air museum down in McMinniville. I think it is called the Evergreen Aviation Museum. There we were able to see the spruce goose, the biggest wooden airplane ever created. Below are some of the cell pics that I took.

This is a plane that is currently used by the US Air Force. Most of the outside pics that I have are of active planes.



This was another plane that was outside. You can see just how big it was, when it is sized up against a very big museum.


This was a cool shot that I was able to get looking straight down the nose of a jet.



The museum wasn't limited to airplanes though. Tanks, as well as other types of transportation could be seen.



Here is another plane that is still widely used by the services. Many will recognize it as a F-15 fighter jet.


With these type of signs, I've always wanted to see someone break one of these rules, when it is so obvious that you aren't supposed to climb on the plane.



Here is another shot at the F-15.


Another active plane, the Blue Angel, is one I recognized from the airshows that I have been to.


Here is a more detailed look at the logo

The name on the nose of the jet.



Not only could you see planes on the ground, but they had them hanging from the ceiling as well as helicopters.

No comments: