Friday, February 22, 2008

BYU vs. Portland

I know it is almost four months old, but I have pictures from a men's college basketball game held in Portland. It was the University of Portland Pilots against the then ranked 23 Brigham Young University Cougars. BYU was able to win the game by around 20 points.

My seat was excellent for the game, being only three rows back from the score table. With that said, my pictures are still only somewhat decent since I used my cell phone. Overall it was a very fun game to watch, and I saw a very young BYU team play very well.

Note: The Chiles Center, home of the Portland Pilots, is where my high school's basketball team (Astoria) won the state champioship in 1998.




Miles, one of the centers for BYU, I met sinced he served a mission, where one of his wards that he served in was the Seaside ward. Let me tell you, he is tall.

Trent Plaisted, a talented center in the Mountain West Conference, is a fun, athletic center to watch.


Here is BYU during one of their timeouts.


Here you can see Plaisted taking a free throw shot.

Here is a much bigger picture of a BYU timeout.

You can tell how close I am to the score table from this picture.


This was the scoreboard with about five minutes left in the half.


Here is a picture of Plaisted during the warm-ups.


Jonathan Taverenari is another high scorer for the Cougars. Only a sophomore, he is making his mark already.


This is a picture of Taverenari leaving the game after a BYU win.

No comments: